Law graduates, who are professionally active in the practice of law, industry, commerce, government, international organizations or related activities are eligible for admission to the Summer Program. Law students in an advanced phase of their studies may also be admitted.
You are requested to complete the online application form before 15 May 2018 ("early-birds" before 1 February 2018). You can find the online application form here.
All participants are required to be proficient in English. Classes will be conducted in English and participants will be called upon to discuss the materials they have studied in class. When describing your schooling and proficiency in the English language in your application you are requested to be as specific as possible and to give a frank evaluation of your ability to study and discuss American legal materials in English. Your objectivity in this regard will avoid subsequent disappointment. Submission of a TOEFL-test result is one of the ways in which you can indicate your proficiency in English.
You can apply for the 2018 Leiden session by completing the online application form and submitting all additional documents before May 15, 2018.
Please make sure to include all 'additional documents' in your final application. Incomplete applications cannot be taken into consideration.
- Certified and translated copy of university transcript of grades (preferably in English)
- Certified and translated copy of university diploma. If you have not yet graduated or if you have not received your diploma, an authenticated academic transcript of your grades will suffice (preferably in English)
- Motivation letter for the Summer Program
- Letter of recommendation from an employer or lecturer (in English)
- Copy of passport/identity card
- Recent photo (also used in practical guide)
- An up-to-date resume (curriculum vitae).
Optional documents (at your own discretion):
- Motivation letter for scholarship - a separate letter is required for each scholarship mentioned on the website.
If you don't have a digital version of any of the additional documents please send them by post to:
Columbia Summer Program
Leiden University-Leiden Law School
Attn. Columbia Summer Program
Steenschuur 25, room C0.03
2311 ES Leiden