Terms and conditions
Registration, payment and cancellation policies
- After registration, candidates will be notified of admission to the program within 2 weeks of their application.
- In order to secure their place, participants need to make a down payment of € 500 within four weeks of confirmation of admission. In absence of this deposit the Columbia Summer Program cannot guarantee a place on the program.
- Payments should be made to:
Stichting Leyden-Amsterdam-Columbia Summer Program in American Law
NL31 ABNA 0547618158
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- The remittance should state: 'fee Columbia Summer Program 2017' and mention the name of the participant.
- Any transaction costs with respect to international banking transactions will be borne by the participant. When making an international payment your bank will ask you to indicate how you will pay the costs for the transaction. Make sure you choose for the option 'fees for your account (OUR) and not 'share costs' (SHA) or 'costs account payee' (BEN).
- It is not possible to cancel your place on the Program, except in cases of serious exceptional circumstances for which extensive and satisfactory documented proof must be submitted to the coordinator by registered mail. Cancellation by the participant of his/her place on the Program after June 10 2017 will not entitle the participant to any refund of the down payment of € 500,-. The only exception to this rule is in the above-mentioned case. Only if these conditions have been met is the participant entitled to a refund up to a maximum of € 400,-. An administrative fee of € 100,- will be charged.
- The final deadline for application is 15 May 2017.
- The final deadline for payment is 10 June 2017.
- Late applications (after 15 May 2017) will be taken into consideration if places are still available. Full payment must be made within two weeks of admission, no refunds will be made.
- Participants agree to abide by all decisions as decreed by the executive board of directors.